Friday, March 26, 2010

What's been happening over there?

I know, I know...I've been so incredibly busy that I haven't had a spare moment to post for over two weeks now. One minute it was pancake breakfast and then all hell broke loose! It's been better weather for one...so I've tried to be outside as much as possible. I believe I mentioned my new friend too:
Thomas says hello!

Let's see...my quilt came in first place in the Etsy Voter :) Thanks so much to all who voted for it. It really generated a lot of interest in the shop and I had a flurry of sales and custom orders come in, so it's been a little crazy around here. There were so many wonderful shops in the Voter selection..they were all so great. Ruby included my quilt in her Friday picks blog post today. Thanks Ruby!
I also managed to get my taxes done! Wow! Every year it's the same thing..I scramble around for a week, putting together all the information, trying to find forms, and cancelled checks, and excise tax bills. Somehow I just cannot manage to stay organized for the whole year. Seriously, already three months into the new year and I haven't managed to straighten out the record keeping system. It always seems like I have better things to do than deal with receipts and paper. Anyway, it's done and I don't even owe money this year!! Yay!! On the way home from the tax accountant's office, I was texted by my good friend Dan to stop over their house for dinner. Andrea was making scallion pancakes and eggs! YUM!


Mollie, at roughmagiccreations also asked me to do an interview for the Etsy Project Embrace blog, which should be posted today at some point. If you do not know about EPE, we are a Universal Coalition of Artists whose main purpose is to create awareness and support for people who have been diagnosed with Cancer, whatever kind it may be. The project began as a way to help our friend and wonderful Etsian, Laura Slocum, who has been diagnosed with ovarian cancer and is currently having chemotherapy. You can read more about Laura and her incredible uplifting journey here: http://www.etsy.com/profile.php?user_id=6760712 (taken from loveartworks post in the team forum thread. I donate 10% of my profits to the American Cancer Society!
A star from Laura's shop!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, you have been busy! Thomas is a handsome liitle kitteh; hello Thomas! When you make your blog rounds, you'll see I've featured your soft scupltured bowls in an older post! Congrats on the Etsy win-well deserved!

    ReplyDelete