Friday, August 15, 2008

No guilt work schedule



















It's been raining for weeks now, which means there has been no guilt about staying indoors and working my bottom off. If there are times that I feel guilty for the amount of time that I spend "making" things, then it is when the sun is shining outside and it's green and beautiful, and I'm in the sweatshop, hunched over the Bernina sewing away. Luckily I have my machine placed on a table that sits right in front of a double window. This window provides an unparalleled view of the mountains of the Holyoke range. So when I start to feel guilty (and this is only guilty for my own self) I just glance up at the sun shining on the mountains and there, I'm enjoying the outdoors. With the windows open, then hey, I may as well be outside hiking as far as I'm concerned (minus the mosquitos though). Being in the studio is actually another matter all together....there, I can see even more of the extensive east to west mountain range, and get pretty direct sunlight from early morning until around 4 p.m. or so. It's just sheer beauty...windows open, the water in the canal rushing from the spillway, and the fresh breeze...again, I'm outdoors even though I'm perched at the easel for hours. It's ok to work constantly. Isn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment