Thursday, December 24, 2009

Around the new shop

Finally getting things organized around here. Another session of rearranging and making a total mess has made things a little more functional around here. I'm sure I'll go through one more "tear this place apart" whirlwind projects in order to make it just right. I have to say, my new house is a little less roomy...the kitchen and bathroom are definitely bigger, but the rest is smallll. I really don't need much more than this but it would be nice to have room for one more work table in the shop. One more adjustment to the height of the sewing desk and all should be right with the world.

I've been working on lots of special orders this Christmas, and it's been a joy. I love what I do and am so happy to finally be working all the time. It took a lot of discipline to get myself back into the swing of things after taking such a long break, but I'm feeling compelled to work all the time now. I work a full-time job as well, so along with sewing and working in my studio, I pretty much have three jobs. It's great to never feel like I don't want to go to work.



No comments:

Post a Comment