Friday, January 1, 2010

A new beginning

There is one day each month that the moon rises and the sun sets at approximately the same time. These celestial events are spectacular to see...in the East, the Moon, in the West, the sun. One of the best places to see this is from Goat's Peak on Mt. Tom Reservation. A group of us climb up there each month to celebrate the coolness. (I have to say that I am hard-pressed to walk up the mountain in the dead of winter, but I was convinced by my Sister to go this time....and I'm glad I did....thanks, Leigh!)



Gal leads the way!


Easthampton


Yoshi braves the cold and extreme heights



Definitely thought there'd be more snow



Leigh and Shawn in their AWESOME hats. Cheers!
John sets this thing up every month



The moon through the trees on the way back down.

1 comment:

  1. I talked you into it this month, and you talk me into it next month! That's how it works with Sisters!

    ReplyDelete