Monday, June 9, 2008

Open Studio Success! Phew!!

We all look forward to Open Studios, but I'm always relieved when it's over. It's so much fun to open my studio door (not to mention having a reason to clean the studio) and meet a bunch of genuinly interesting people. You just never know who will walk in your door and what great ideas will come about from good conversation.

After a long weekend of standing and smoosing, I finally got a chance to get the drawing more complete on the Church Street painting. I was getting ready to leave on Sunday night, after saying goodbye to my last visitor and was standing there with my bag on my shoulder staring at the canvas that now hid behind the studio door. It was 5:30 and I wondered what I'd actually do if I went home just then.....read a book....swelter in the heat........pet the cat and get hair stuck all over me? I couldn't imagine working in the sweatshop in the 90 degree heat. So I dropped my bag and pulled out the canvas and got busy.



It's a little hard to see, but it is definitely shaping up!

No comments:

Post a Comment